Difference Between DTG and Screen Printing:
Screen printing is the more customary strategy that includes pushing the ink onto the texture through a stencil, while direct to the article of clothing is a more current technique that utilizes a printer to apply the ink to the shirt. (Source: weirdever.com)19
It is a very common question nowadays when it comes to printing a t-shirt. When almost a decade or two ago, there was only a screen printing option to print on anything.
Its the traditional and much-evolved model where there are tons of expertise companies worldwide who produce awesome results with much-complicated designs or even photo prints.
Then came digital printing options on various things from paper to fabric to various other things. Let's discuss the direct t garment and screen printing options for T-Shirts. (qikink.com)24
How Screen Printing Fare Against DTG Printing
There are different ways t-shirt sales are booming with the wide sale of graphic tees online, coupled with the advent of printed t-shirt online business. Here, we look at some of the differences between two of the widely used methods of printing t-shirts. (Source: weirdever.com )19
Screen Printing features:
- This printing technique uses a stencil onto the fabric; the ink does not soak in the fabric but stays on the top of it.
- When you wish to print an impactful logo on your company t-shirt, screen printing is the best method.
- You can create outstanding prints such as drawings, shapes, typography, and so on with the help of screen printing.
- Screen printing offers quality at a very reasonable price. This is the best method for bulk orders.
Digital Printing Features:
- Digital printing is suitable for small orders.
- One of the benefits of digital printing is that it can print more colours in one pass.
- With the help of digital printing, you can create any graphic as there are no limitations with respect to the use of colours, designs, and graphics.
- In digital printing, there are more dots per inch, and thus, the quality of the print is better.
- Digital printing is very convenient as there is no need for any stencil or any other tool. Just a system that is attached to a printer.
- As stated, both the printing methods have their advantages and disadvantages. However, when you are looking forward to meeting the requirements of a big order, screen printing is the best method. In screen printing, the colours are laid down at a time, and for each different colour, there would be a separate screen. This is how processing bulk orders are convenient with screen printing. Screen printing offers a maximum print size of 32 inches, which is not possible with any other kind of printing technique.
- Everything from the stencil to the ink is affordable in screen printing. That is why it is the most cost-effective method of garment printing. Further, the inks of screen printing are more opaque than the one used in digital printing. Hence, the prints of screen printing look more impactful.